Monday, November 15, 2010

Cupcakes filled with Love ~


As you would have seen in the post before, we had organised a party for one of my best friends. Normally i would bring things like chips but since she can't eat those kinds of food, i decided to try something different! I decided to make my own chocolate cupcakes because i know that she loves everything that has chocolate (: Whether its maltesers or m&m's... she still loves them!!

I searched for a recipe and finally found a recipe from the back of Cadbury's Cocoa Powder Box. It seemed really delicious so i decided to try it. I started off with a dozen cupcakes. The recipe was really easy to follow, and believe me, if its easy for me to follow, then it is sinchicated  =D


These delicious cupcakes were supposed to stay in the oven for around 20 minutes but ended up in the oven for 30 because it was still a bit raw in the inside (): But at last they came out of the oven and they look so delicious. They were so tempting... so i took one to try. The texture was really soft and it wasn't too sweet but i could still taste the chocolatey flavour that lies it it ^_^ I was really happy that they turned out so well.
I let the cupcakes cool overnight and the next day i made the icing using the easiest recipe that i could find. I ended up using a recipe that only required two ingredients, cream & chocolate. Hehe~

I had a blocked nose so i couldn't really taste the icing . I just had to cross my fingers and hope that the icing tasted sweet and delicious. At first it was really watery so i when i put spreaded it onto my first cupcake it dribbled onto the sides. The effect looked really cool so i left it how it was. But after awhile the icing started to turn a bit gooier so it was harder to spread. I decorated it with colourful cashous making pretty patterns (: My friends really enjoyed it! Mission completed xD



CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES RECIPE
 from the back of a Cadbury cocoa powder box

Ingredients
  • 100g butter
  • 2/3 cup caster sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon vanilla esscense
  • 2 eggs, slightly beatened
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon bi carbonate of soda
  • 1/2 cup milk
Method
  1.  Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced
  2. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Gradually add eggs and mix until just combined
  3. Sift flour, cocoa and bi carb sofa. Add to creamed mixture with milk. Stir until just combined
  4. Spoon into greased 1/3 cup muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean
  5. Cool then spread tops with chocolate butter cream. Exact baking time may very between ovens.
CHOCOLATE ICING RECIPE
I used a different recipe to the one from the cocoa powder box.

Ingredients
  •  70 grams cream
  •  70 grams chocolate
Method
  1. Boil the cream in a small saucepan until you see bubbles
  2. Add the chocolate until dissolved, stir
  3. Don't stir too much or the mixture will turn disgusting ):

2 comments:

  1. Did YOU find the recipe?? Funny. I thought you got the recipe from your (awesome) sister. *hmph* And when did you sneak into me room??? I don't seem to remember giving you permisson! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little designs on top, but what a shame you couldn't properly taste your creation! and kudos to you for only sneaking one to try--i might've downed half the batch...all in the name of quality assurance, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete